Another week gone by.
Today it is sunny and a true autumn day. Bright blue sky and leaves starting to get hints of yellow and orange.
We’re still unloading the oak but it should be done today as I’d like to get their trailer back tomorrow.
We’ve both voted!!!! I’m planning on dropping them off at the elections office this week.
I’m experimenting with making a sourdough rye bread. The recipe is King Arthur‘s. I love a good rye bread and can remember when my grandmother, who we called Genna, would bring Jewish rye up from the Bronx. By then we were living in Highland Mills which was an hour or so away from the city, but she continued to live and work in the Bronx. She would also bring up smoked white fish which I love, a chocolate cake that had the thinnish icing like a ganache. Those are some good memories, the few that there are.
This week we are in the bathroom zone. I finished mine early. I always like to do one extra thing each time I am in a zone so this month I will get new shower curtains. Since we have a claw foot tub with a circular rod we need 2 curtains. I do wash and reuse them at least 3 times but then they start to not look great anymore.
I put out my vintage halloween decor.
Well, off to check the bread and do quick tidy up.
Autumn is really here with everything turning gold and yellow. The days are comfortable at 70 degrees but mornings are quite chilly (mid-thirties).
Hopefully, the firefighters are getting a handle on both fires north and south. I haven’t seen any more possible blackouts so fingers crossed.
- I’m making a sourdough pizza dough for dinner. I was going to order out but decided this will be better. I have olives, mushrooms, bell peppers, and even some pepperoni. So I think we’re set.
- Last night( Halloween) we watched the original”Creature from the Black Lagoon”. Very entertaining. The short shorts on the guys were hysterical. They came up above their belly buttons but didn’t cover too much below. You couldn’t see ” anything” but it must have been held tight? Who knows? The night before we watched “Young Frankenstein” which is one of our top 5 favorite movies. It is so funny even after having watched it 500 times.
- I’m heading to Walmart for a pick-up, then I might go to the gym?? Maybe?? If I don’t I’ll go tomorrow.
- Washed the couch covers yesterday as that was in the LR zone. Today is actually another zone as it is November 1. If you follow Flylady, that would be the Entryway and dining room. Since our table is in our living room space it’s already done. I did put away all my vintage Halloween stuff. I’m leaving out my knitted pumpkins till Thanksgiving and I have some small real ones on the table too.
- Next week we have no appts, so I’m going to take Buggie( my 2000 VW) to get an oil change.
- Last night with dinner we had a fun bottle of Chardonnay.
We always have a fire outside on Samhain. Celebrating the change of seasons.
It certainly is darker in the mornings and sunset is 6:04pm!!! We didn’t walk this morning because of taking my daughter to the airport for her early flight.
Today is a gym day and then to get Bonnie’s new pills for her incontinence. I hope they help.