Things are good this week with 2 doctor appointments down.
B had clinic on Tuesday and I drove him to UCD med center as it was an early appointment so there was traffic. He’s back on prednisone for a rash but it is minor and seems gone now. I sat in the car dealing with the financial fallout from the Cobra. What has happened is this: His group insurance ended as of 7/31 and that’s when we initiated the Cobra thinking at $700 a month that would take care of all the bills.
Ha!!! NOw UHC Cobra is still saying because he was Medicare ELIGIBLE they won’t cover the full costs. WTF????? Well, long story short, after numerous calls we are on the hook for the August appointments. I made payment arrangements while I was waiting for him to finish up at clinic. All his appointments from then on were covered by Medicare. But we still were paying the Cobra till actually just the end of last month( January). Not sure this was necessary but open enrollment hadn’t quite started so even though we could have signed him up with special circumstances, we just left the cobra in place.
All I can say is if you’re ever faced with losing group coverage and have to go on Cobra …DON”T. Overall, the cost factor doesn’t cut it or you need to absolutely clear what the cover. In our case, I just assumed everything was covered.
So then yesterday, I had to drive back down to Mercy cancer center for my appointment. It’s kinda what I thought he would say is yes, it’s going up but too soon to start treatment and to keep thinking of this as smoldering myeloma. So it’s watch and wait. That’s okay and when the time comes and my numbers are going up faster, I’m sure we will move ahead.
Today, I’m going to do some cooking. I’ve made hardboiled eggs and I’m going to make the olive and feta topping again. Plus I ‘going to grill some chicken for lunches and dinner. I think I’ll grill some onions while I’m at it.
I have some house chores to catch up on and then I’m going to hit the gym.