OMG, it is still raining!!! And I 80 is closed again!!
My daughter left Truckee at 2pm, the freeway was already closed but she was able to convince them to let her thru. So today, who knows. It’s still closed and it’s supposed to snow all day up there. The forecast is rain, rain, showers, cloudy for like the next 2 weeks. I’m convinced this is global warming changing our weather patterns. I can only think of a handful of times since we moved here in 1975, that there is this much continued non-stop weather.
Today B has a blood transfusion but his platelets are ok. So that makes this day 17 for the blood transfusion so that is a big win!! Hopefully, the next chemo cycle does it even better.
So I’mgoingto drop him off and then go to the gym since the blood takes a minimum of 5 hours. Then I’ll come home and do some chores. If my daughter is home, which I’m expecting with the way the freeway looked, she can go pick him up @ 2:30 or 3.
I think we will be hearing soon on whether his one brother is a match. Maybe early next week. But I think they are already looking in the National donor bank as well. Since we see the transplant doctor in March, I suspect he will have a plan in place.
All the budget stuff is in a good place. With the SDI checks, we are able to pay the months bills. Since his form from his HR says May is his back to work date( which is totally not happening) we will need to resubmit something but I’m not sure what. I’m guessing HR will need to put in another date.
Has anyone done that? and how do you update EDD.??? I guess we’ll bumble thru since we’ve gotten this far but I’m not even sure how we did.
I’m still planning the Medicare but haven’t even called the insurance companies yet for pricing. Maybe Friday I can do that. My target date is June 1st. But of course, it needs to be all in by then and ready to go.
Dinner is unknown.
Things are definitely looking up.
We got a hold of SDI (EDD) again and it was like oh, sure, the dates are fine and we’ll mail out the debit card that has the benefits. So what ended up happening is they needed the date that UNFI was putting him on FML. So that was Jan 7. We will still need to use some PTO to cover the benefits and when that runs out which it will, we will have to pay with a check or whatever. I’m hoping that doesn’t happen at least for 12 weeks so we can get ready. But at least we are on our way.
Then B had a great day yesterday, very energetic so I’m hoping the labs tomorrow are promising. We will see.
Then we will need to set up some payments for the medical co-pays coming in. So far the first is $1400. I’ve decided to start a Go fund me for him to help us with bills and ALL the stuff that comes with chemo and when the transplant happens, that will be a lot of things, extra gas to get to Sacramento, food, lodging, and the list goes on. So we will see. I’m not sure how GoFund Me works so that will have to be figured out. When I looked at the page, it didn’t look so bad. I will link it when I get it done if anyone in the cyber world wants to donate.
The weather is quite nice and this weekend looks lovely with temperatures at almost 70 degrees.
Dinner is homemade pizza and a salad.
In a healthier time at Santa Barbara. His job was given to one of his co-workers. I’m definitely sad about it, but Barclay’s health is more important. And the next year will be tough and there’s no way he can do that job. Legally, they need to keep it for him while he is on Family Leave but that’s only for the 12 weeks. So what can you do? It is what it is.
Well, its been a few weeks since my last time at the library. I miss it but life goes on. Im trying to be active around the house and doing a few projects. I need to get some primer at Home depot and paint a couple of walls we are going to be redoing this summer. Im keeping up on a load of laundry a day per Flylady. Menus planned for the week.
Tomorrow is Doctor day. I did get some of my blood work back and ,Yes, My neutrophils are down, but not as low as last time. But I’ll still have to get another blood test next Friday and see if they’re up to 1500. So, I have a lot of questions for him tomorrow, mainly, if pomalsyt isn’t working where do we go from here.??
I received all my paper work about unemployment only to be disappointed to have to cancel it as it says ,”am I available and able to work full-time.” Well, NO, duh… of course i can’t work full time with my medical issues. So, try calling EDD, it is impossible to speak to someone. Ive tried 2 days in a row and all it says is, there are too many people calling. Uhh, so what am I suppose to do. I may go into the local office , but Im not sure thats a good idea.
So, Im off to read, and see what the day brings. We’re getting some summer squash from he garden and I just saw a couple of zucchini . I make zucchini fritters that are really good. I top with a little sour cream or creme faiche and its yummy.