It is an absolutely beautiful day. Almost 70 degrees and just lovely.
We’ve had quite a few more walkers showing up in the early morning, kinda like ants waking up in spring. I recognize a few from last year. By 7 it’s fairly light out and it’s not really cold.
I’ve just puttered around today. Washed the kitchen floor and vacuumed( well, my husband did):) Then I worked on taxes and Turbo tax makes it so easy…
I started a pot roast in my new white LeCrueset. I love that pot. I’ve been making most of my stuff in it and it’s just great. The pot roast was the one I bought last week at the Farmers market and is local beef. Hopefully, it will be tasty. I’m making a nut loaf for the veggie as I froze a few individual ones at Thanksgiving. I need to do more of them as it is such a nice thing to just grab from the freezer.
I haven’t heard from my sister today but I did text her and I hope the ‘air leaking’ is improving. That’s from the surgery where the tubes are placed in the lungs and air can accumulate. It’s apparently painful so she is on pain killers.
With the weather so nice, it’s hard not to be thinking of getting the garden going. But it is a bit early. I think we will start some spinach and beets and lettuce though as it’s plenty fine for them.
Tomorrow is a gym day and then more of the same.
A new year.
I do not set or make resolutions. I haven’t for years. What I do is just figure out what I want to do more of or less of. I do write out a list of things to accomplish so I guess that’s more of a goal. I do like goals as such. Like the Minimalist game and setting the goal of getting rid of things. But for some reason, I don’t do the resolution thing like exercise more, diet, lose 10 lbs. Those things just don’t interest me.
When I started the Just Keep Walking Project, I just wanted to walk every day. That’s a goal. But I try to not make it that there’s guilt attached or pressure. Since I’m in year 4 and 7 months, I guess I like that goal.
In terms of routines and keeping things simple, I like to do certain things daily and weekly. This is where I do FlyLady stuff. It keeps me focused and then I know it’s done for the week.
So my list for 2018 looks like this with stuff added and subtracted as the year progress.
- Keep walking
- gym 3x a week
- daily routines
- weekly routines
- now, this is new, I’d like to shop once a week or even once every 2 weeks. I only go to Costco once a month or even 6 weeks. But at the market, I tend to need something usually cat food or cream. I’m doing the Frugalwoods January no spend so that will help. But I’d like to get the other part figured out. I get conflicted with stocking up stuff(which I do for somethings) and more of a minimalist view(like in Paris or Europe) of getting what I need fresh more often. Well, since I haven’t figured it out yet, I will make that a goal.
- YNAB for our budget goals and daily recording
- build a new deck for the Studio( well,my husband would do this), I’d just supervise and get in the way.
- Put in a new kitchen counter and sink. This depends on money really and it would be from Ikea so nothing outrageous.
- if we can afford 2 more trees taken down.
- camping 6 x’s (last year we did 4 trips)
- go on some sort of date with my husband 1X a month. Like a new lunch place.
So there’s probably more, like continue to declutter my Life Magazines( 6 bins left) to ideally 2 but I think that’s a stretch since there’s the moon walk, Kennedy, Selma, MLK Jr., and so many great ones.
Of course, most of this depends on how my labs are thru out the year and if I will go back on Velcade if the numbers start going up. I guess that’s a big ‘who knows?’
Dinner is fresh cream of mushroom soup, which I just tasted and it is YUM, twice baked potatoes I did with the Costco huge bag of russets and a roast chicken in my NEW WHITE LE CREUSET that Santa brought. Oh, my it is very beautiful.