The week ahead looks nice. We are in for some rain tonight and tomorrow.
I skipped the gym today and went to Home Depot with B so we could get a bathroom fan and a few other things. I want to have him put up another safety bar in the bathroom as well. Mostly because our tub is a clawfoot and sits high. Either we need to change that out as we get older or do some other things( like the bar) to help with stability.
Yesterday was one of the nicest days we’ve had. I fired up the BBq and made chicken and BBQ tempeh. I made a macaroni salad to go with it. We even ate outside, the first this year!!
This week we’re going to go to Ikea too and check out ideas for redoing the counter and sink area of the kitchen. There’s not much we can do to change the layout because of where doors are and such. I’m interested in a farmhouse sink and would like quartz countertops. All our appliances are new so that part is done.
As you can see it’s really just one wall of counter with the sink in the middle. The stove is to the left of the second photo.
Ikea is great to get ideas from. I’d like to replace the kitchen window to as it is starting to get a few cloudy spots. The cabinets I’d like to replace with something more modern. We can’t really have them as open shelves as we wouldn’t have any place to keep spices and teas and things I just don’t want visible.
We redid the whole kitchen after we moved in. It was gutted and we took up like 20 layers of linoleum. It was brutal work. So the kitchen is 23 years old. Except we just bought the appliances in the last 2 years.
Other than that, it should be a nice week for some fun things to do.
It’s been a good week overall. I’m happy with the reorganizing and decluttering I did.
- Ate our meals at home and shopped at Grocery Outlet for things to get us through till I shop Costco next week.
- I’m trying to do only 2 very small loads of laundry a day,( white and dark). Although that may not seem frugal, it’s frugal with my time as I keep up on it and it’s not huge loads.
- Read 4 books this week free from Netgalley. They’re e- books but fun. Most were cookbooks but one was a self-help called 30 days to Joy ( or something like that). What I liked about it was her take on just do what brings you joy. I thought that was very simple and yet we need to read or hear that.
- We want to update our kitchen someday( when we have money) Ha….. Ha… but in the meanwhile, I decided to paint the cabinets again so at least they look better. So, instead of groaning we can’t afford to remodel, I bought a high gloss white paint and voila! It’ll do for now.
- All the bills are in for the month and budget done. Unfortunately, we will have a very expensive auto repair on my son’s Subaru. He needed the head gaskets done to the tune of $2500. Plus an accelerator problem. We offered to put it on our CC so he at least has a car. The other option was to sell it as is but then he wouldn’t have a car. So it’s cheaper to fix a car than buy a new used car. So, that won’t be frugal to charge it but it will be cheaper in the long run as hisSubaru will run for a good long while.
Tomorrow we’re going to Home Depot to get the boards for the last garden bed. I budgeted a small amount for this since it’s now or not plant. In the long run, it’ll be frugal when we have lettuce, etc.
Tonight is Friday night Pizza!