- This is http://www.myhalfdozendaily.typepad.com Carla’s weekly update.
- Reading: I’ve read a few books this week. “Notes from a Blue Bike” by Tsh Oxenreider. Good book and very nicely done, about creating simplicity in your life. “The Snow Child”, about Alaska in the 1930’s ( maybe earlier) and homesteading and a mysterious child who shows up. InterestING story. Now I’m reading ” The Cuckoos Calling” by Galbreath( who is JK Rowling ), quite excellent, I’m surprised. Excellent character development .
- Listening to: nothing, I like quiet.
- Watching: ok, finished Game of thrones, season 3 and thought I’d have a heart attack( just kidding) pretty tough ending.
- Cooking/Baking: I made a turkey, it was ok. Not great.
- last night some yummy sesame noodle with stir fry vegies.
- Happy you accomplished this week: all done with doctor appts, till the end of the month,
- Looking forward to next week:this week, actually, just catching up on my zone cleaning, and since the weather will be warmer, maybe starting the decluttering in the barn.
- Thankful for today:
- As, always , that I have a good quality of life , living with myeloma, and my wonderful husband, who is always loving and supportive, and my 2 very exceptional children.
- thats it for now, today is a work day. Yesterday, my van cost 350 to fix the oil sensor light,but still needs @$ 1500 for more stuff. It’ll have to wait till after taxes.
Tag Archives: Sunday night chit chat
Sunday night chit chat
It still freezing here, and the low is 22 or some horrible number. The high is only suppose to be 40. It’s tough to get the house warm, and I’m sure our electric bill will be ginormous. I’m holding off walking till it’s light so I can see the path and ice. It’s still freezing but at least I can see.
so here some of what’s going on thanks to Carla at halfdozendaily.typepad.com
- Reading: Robert Parker’s , Trouble in Paradise, pretty good fast read.
- Listening to: nothing, the fire place crackling
- Watching: we’re going to rematch The girl with the dragon tattoo. I love these movies, the Swedish version is the best.
- Cooking/Baking:beef stew is in the crock pot and cheese tamales.
- Happy you accomplished this week: it seems like not a lot but I did all my regular Flylady stuff. My Christmas shopping is done except for 2 gift cards for co workers.
- Looking forward to next week: walking, the temperature going up some.
- Thankful for today: I’m always grateful to feel pretty good and live a quality life. I’m so grateful for my family, and life itself.
- Bonus question: What is your favourite Christmas carol?gee, I like so many but probably John Lennon’s ” and so this is Christmas”, not sure of exact tilte
Sunday night chit chat with Carla .
- Thanks Carla for Sunday night chit chat.www.halfdozendaily.typepad.com
- Reading: I’ve just finished two great cookbook stories, “The Sharper Your knife,the Less You Cry”. This is about the authors enrollment in the Cordon Bleu. It was amazing to read how difficult this course was. The second,by the same author ,”The Kitchen Counter Cooking School”. This was my favorite, since it talks about how she took 9 strangers and taught them the basics of cooking. It was so interesting, since you don’t realize how many people eat pre packaged foods.
- Listening to: just the outdoor sounds as we were sitting outside.
- Watching: Started “The great Expectations” on BBC. Quite excellant. We also watched last week “The Beasts of the Southern Wild”. This was an amazing story of the ‘bathtub’ area in Louisiana . It was semi based on hurricane Katrina,although that is not mentioned.
- Cooking/Baking: Wow, I did a lot today, 2 loaves of bread, a Julia Child recipe for braised beef. (Pot roast), froze tomatoes.
- Happy you accomplished this week: Our house is finally painted except for trim. Walked everyday. Handled my dex pretty well.
- Looking forward to next week: Finishing some trim work on house, cooking, walking.
- Thankful for today: I am grateful to feel good, my wonderful husband, and 2 wonderful kids.
- Bonus question: Are you sad that summer is coming to an end, or looking forward to the fall months?
- No, I’m always ready for the next season. I’m a fall baby, so I love the change.
So, on other notes, my doctors office called with my m protein. Good news, it didn’t change. So still at 0.6
That’s good news for me. I’ll be seeing him sooner this month to check my blood work, since I’ll have been on Rev for one cycle.
This week starts week 13 walking, and I’ll be crossing the 90 day mark! Yeah, me!
Sunday night chit chat.
- Reading: Just finished Elizabeth Alder’s “Just Don’t Tell”, ok mystery thriller.
- now I’m reading”the Silent Wife”. It is excellent, but again this is a true psychological thriller.
- Watching: I watched a stupid girl movie, “Friends with money”, dont waste your time.
- Listening to: fire planes, there is a fire in our area.
- Cooking/Baking:made a yummy chicken stir fry.
- Happy you accomplished this week: Well, I walked every day, we got the studio painted, inside and out.
- Thankful for: My wonderful husband, my two great children, our health insurance , and life is good.
- Bonus Question: Can you walk well in high heels? Do you wear them often?
- I would love to wear a pair of jimmy choo’s just once, but alas, I have terrible feet and have to wear something low with a ton of support.
Sunday night chit chat with Carla
- Reading:just finished “The Apple Orchard” , good, sort of predictable, and Robert Parker’s ,”Fool Me Twice” by Michael Brandman
- Listening to:quiet, and the cat making ” give me food ” sounds
- Watching: I think
- we will watch ” the Shining” , not my kind of movie but my kids want me to see it.
- Cooking/Baking: we’re having spaghetti for dinner.
- Happy you accomplished this week: went to the oncologist, good visit. Went to the eye doctor, my floater is normal and not to worry. Just did almost most of my zone cleaning today instead of this week.
- Looking forward to next week: well, it was vacation, a d I guess it still is, just not at wet Tahoe.
- Thankful for today: everything!
- Bonus Question – What was your least favourite part and your most favourite part of the last week? Gee, I guess HAVING to go see a hematologist / medical oncologist . Dr. Laptalo is great. I totally trust him in treating my multiple myeloma . Favorite part, walking in the park!
- Carla’s halfdozendaily.typepad.com
Monday catch up
So I missed Carla’s halfdozendaily Sunday night chit chat , but I’m
Reading, or have just finished, Jacque Pepins biography, very good and some great recipes.Also, Debbie Macomber’s new book, Starting Now, kinda sappy.
- Listening to?
- Happy you accomplished this week?
- Looking forward to next week?
- Thankful for today?
- *Bonus Question*
and a quick recapture of Jeanette Walls, The Glass Castle, depressing yet inspiring that she became a successful writer.
listening to my son complain that told him to fold laundry.
- We watched more Castle season 3
- Yesterday, I did some batch cooking from “Not your mothers freezer cooking, so I made chicken breast to use in some recipes, 12 baked stuffed potatoes, bread, and I think there was one other.
- It seemed a lot, I sold the tree fort, Waldorf toy, very nice.did a huge thrift store drop off, did all the zone work ,Flylady!
- This week, working my 3 shifts at the library, walking, and generally just life. Oh, it’s my daughter, Sachi’s birthday!
- As always , just being alive and having a very good quality of life.
- I don’t know, now that I’ve gone full with minimalism, none of the household coheres are overwhelming,and I do flylady’s zones so nothing really adds up.
so it should be a fun week.
Update, student loans figured out, payment will be $507. Seriously , do we look like we can afford that, but it’s the government, and like taxes, you find a wAy. Ugh…not too happy about it but well have the Prius paid off in 4 months, so then it’ll be better. I’m going to see how I can make an extra payment on the Prius to get done sooner.