- I am thankful we had a safe drive home from Capitola and traffic was not too bad at all. We made it home in 4 hours with a stop for gas and something to eat.
2. I am grateful that B does the driving and set up and take down of Rubi.
3. I am thankful the weather was beautiful and we had some lovely days in our camp spot. With the influx of kids, bikes, and loud people, we left a day early and I’m grateful we have the sense to do that and not just say” Oh, we paid for the night, we should stay”. We do not enjoy it when kids are throwing balls in front of the trailer, riding bikes, etc, while their parents are loud with partying.
4. I am very grateful to my daughter for taking care of the house and yard. With the chickens and cats, it can be a lot.
5. I am so incredibly grateful that LLS opened funding for Myeloma and I got my application in. It’s pending, waiting for my doctor to fax his form.
We spent very little this past week while camping. We didn’t eat out except for Gayles and that was just coffee and a danish. We ate the rest of our meals in camp. We went to the grocery store for a few things and that was it.
If you figure a week almost in Capitola, and we had just the cost of gas and some food, it’s a low budget getaway.
Overall, the budget has been good this month. But some things have caused some alarm. I’ll describe that in Saturday Sum up.
All the monthly bills are done. I’m working on keeping a zero balance in the bank account and it’s right where I want it for now.
It’s a huge savings for me to have my LLS grant since it covers all my insurance costs. I’ll be able to have a look back of 90 days so for reimbursement.
SATURDAY SUM UP
Well, that was the frugal stuff.
The night before we left my son notice some water(moisture) on part of the kitchen foundation. Of course, I freaked out and had B use the giant flashlight to look under there. There was a slow drip from the kitchen water pipe that will need to be fixed. Now part of the problem is our house foundation is not that great and as you go from the back to the kitchen area it gets very small to access. When we had this work done the person had to use a very long something to put those pipes in place. So now we’re facing a difficult challenge of getting a plumber to go under there. B is going to suit up and go in to try and clear some old pilings of dirt. But he isn’t a plumber that can weld the copper pipes. We put a call in to someone while we were in camp and we will try and set up an appt for next week to have him check it out. I tremble to think of this added expense.
The good news is the truck will go in next week to fix the AC and it’s covered by the extended warranty we bought. That expires in August so right in the nick of time.
Today, I’m going to pick up a Walmart order that has some camping stuff( toilet paper, and small propane bottles for the Weber). Plus I need to dust as the pine yellow pollen is coating everything in the house.
While we were gone a red fox chased and almost caught Ciri the cat. It was caught on Arlo and it’s scary to watch. It actually jumped the gate and chased her into the laundry rooms. We’re guessing it has a litter of kits nearby and that’s why it was so aggressive.
2 thoughts on “Thankful Thursday, Frugal Friday and Saturday sum-up.”
I wouldn’t be surprised if the fox had kits. Here on PEI we have a huge number of foxes and they are all having kits right now – the cutest little things. Foxes are normally never aggressive but, like most mums, will certainly protect their babies.
I enjoy your thankful posts; they make me pause to remember my own thanks.