Mid week, lots of smoke from the fires around here.

Today we’re taking Finwe to the vet for shots. Then I’m going to target for shower curtains and a few other things. It’ll be a limited shopping as there’s other bills to pay (the vet).

we walked this morning and it’s pretty smokey. Hwy 50 is closed in Placerville due to the fires. The smoke is heading straight up to Tahoe. Tomorrow we’re actually suppose to get cooler weather and maybe rain( a sprinkling and that should help.

Memories, page 4:

this would have been summer of 1971.

so the first year was over and we hitched a ride with a strange person to Pennsylvania . Then we took the greyhound into NY. But we had a box with 2 kittens in it and I’m sure the bus driver knew. B worked that summer doing yard work. Honestly I guess I just hung around Toad Hollow( his dad’s house. )

i don’t remember a lot of that summer, but his dad fixed up B’s 47 Plymouth and we took off in August.

we drove across the country again and it was fun except our first stop was at B’s sisters in Pennsylvania. We got up to leave in the morning and K was sleeping or so we thought. It turned out she had overdosed and had to be rushed to the hospital. I checked with B and he said, “no, we waited for the ambulance to take her to the hospital” I guess I blocked that out. It was very weird and strange.

Later in Late October of 1972, she did manage to suicide and it was a pretty awful time. We flew back east and it just was tough. K was only 24? I can’t quite remember.

That car was our main car for years. It later got pretty rusty and we never had any money to fix it so, we ended up selling it very cheap. That was sad. So, year 2 started, B was in his third year. We got jobs at the library and  we both enjoyed that.

The desert was getting more attractive to me and we went for lots of hikes in Sabino canyon and the Catalina’s.

i think that year we also went to San Diego to see his brother and his wife. I like San Diego a lot, the brother/wife, not so much.

we also moved a lot that year. We moved out of the studio across from campus as the owner got weirder and weirder . We moved into someone’s house( a disaster), tried living in an attic( disaster ) and finally found a great apartment on the , then outskirts of Tucson on Fort Lowell.

So summer of 1972 , I think we stayed in Tucson.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s