- Well, I ordered the upright freezer.
That’s the good news. The bad news is delivery is 3 months away. Who knows if it even will be delivered or I will get an out of stock notice. I think I must have gotten one of the last ones. This Lowes upright was $719. From there they went way up at $1500 and higher. So we’ll see. But I have a plan for this upright and feel it is a wise investment. Regardless of the pandemic, it’ll be nice to have a 6 months’ worth of freezer stuff and be done with it.
- Our budget is done for August and all bills accounted for. I put in for my LLS reimbursement. They have a new format on their website and it is very easy to use. If I didn’t get the reimbursement for insurance I don’t think our monthly income from SS would cover it. So I am very grateful for all who donate to the LLS.
- We are planning a trip to Costco next week( 1st week of August). I don’t need to go to the store before then so that’s nice. I’m not planning on prepper stuff just normal we need like cheese, bread, olive oil, and some other random things.
- Tonight is pizza night. Tomorrow I plan on BBQing a pork roast for the carnivores and will probably do a Field Day roast sausage for the vegetarian.
- I canceled the extra Amazon channels of Brit Box, and Acorn for now as we have watched all the current shows we like. Maybe when some new seasons come out I’ll re-up. But that saves almost $15.00 a month. Then I saw somehow we were paying for PBS masterpiece too so I canceled that. We haven’t watched any of those channels for quite a while so I guess we were throwing that money away. Right now, we mostly watch Amazon Prime stuff and are currently rewatching Death in Paradise which is a good detective show.
- I need a new book so I may peruse Amazon for an ebook today.
- I’ve decided to take a Facebook break. So I’m deactivating my account for a month. I don’t spend a lot of time on Facebook but I just feel it’s time to break away for a while. It’ll be interesting to see how I feel when it’s over. Maybe my creativity will get sparked again.??
- okay, I can count and this is more than 5!!!!
6 thoughts on “Five on Friday”
Fingers crossed your upright freezer arrives earlier. My mum has one and loves it. I wish we had the space for a big freezer. Lovely to meet you and thank you for visiting me earlier today. Have a good weekend
Lovely to meet you too from another Christina. We plan on putting this out in our barn. Our house is way too small for this freezer. Our other small chest one is out in our laundry room which is an add on outside our house.
Chris, I deactivated my Facebook account a month ago, and after the first couple of weeks of experiencing compulsive urges to ‘check in,’ all has been well, and I feel free’d up to do other things with my time. Now I find I don’t miss it, and the preponderance of negativity it contains, at all. I hope that helps!
Thanks, Tamara, I agree it’s kinda a compulsion to want to check…. I think it will be a good thing.
I quit facebook a few years ago. I’m glad I did it.
Does your public library have an app you can use to download ebooks and audiobooks?
Oh yes, I do listen to some audiobooks and read quite a bit on my Kindle. I’m an avid reader so there’s that. I think it’ll be good to drop it although I do get local news there but I may find another way to get that.