- Thanks Carla for Sunday night chit chat.www.halfdozendaily.typepad.com
- Reading: I’ve just finished two great cookbook stories, “The Sharper Your knife,the Less You Cry”. This is about the authors enrollment in the Cordon Bleu. It was amazing to read how difficult this course was. The second,by the same author ,”The Kitchen Counter Cooking School”. This was my favorite, since it talks about how she took 9 strangers and taught them the basics of cooking. It was so interesting, since you don’t realize how many people eat pre packaged foods.
- Listening to: just the outdoor sounds as we were sitting outside.
- Watching: Started “The great Expectations” on BBC. Quite excellant. We also watched last week “The Beasts of the Southern Wild”. This was an amazing story of the ‘bathtub’ area in Louisiana . It was semi based on hurricane Katrina,although that is not mentioned.
- Cooking/Baking: Wow, I did a lot today, 2 loaves of bread, a Julia Child recipe for braised beef. (Pot roast), froze tomatoes.
- Happy you accomplished this week: Our house is finally painted except for trim. Walked everyday. Handled my dex pretty well.
- Looking forward to next week: Finishing some trim work on house, cooking, walking.
- Thankful for today: I am grateful to feel good, my wonderful husband, and 2 wonderful kids.
- Bonus question: Are you sad that summer is coming to an end, or looking forward to the fall months?
- No, I’m always ready for the next season. I’m a fall baby, so I love the change.
So, on other notes, my doctors office called with my m protein. Good news, it didn’t change. So still at 0.6
That’s good news for me. I’ll be seeing him sooner this month to check my blood work, since I’ll have been on Rev for one cycle.
This week starts week 13 walking, and I’ll be crossing the 90 day mark! Yeah, me!