Still raining and snowing. Well, it’s like slushy rain where we live but still, it’s very cold and I’m sure the snow is coming down in the Tahoe area. It’s like snowmageddon up there. Many ‘stupid’ people yesterday clogged the freeway to try and get up to the snow and it was a mess. Pictures on the live cams showed cars and trucks just lined up for miles because it was so backed up. Eventually, they just closed the freeway.
Update: 6:30 am…. it’s light enough to see outside and it is very definitely snowing!!!!
I was going to go to the gym unless it totally clears up. We do have 4 wd but still, people don’t know how to drive in the snow so I think it’ll be a home day.
Last night I made a minestrone in the instant pot. I do have to say it was really delicious. I put it on soup for 30 and then after 10 minutes of natural release I vented it. Then I added some cheese tortellini and closed the lid again. I just kept it closed until we were ready for dinner. I would give it an A+. I may be getting rid of my crockpot after I do beans which I haven’t done yet. But many vegans use the Instant pot specifically for the beans it can do in a short period.
Today I am roasting a chicken in my large cast iron pan. I did the whole chicken last time in the IP but I think I prefer the oven. Plus it’s a great day to use the oven. I may even make some WW bread too.
This week for those who follow Flylady, it’s the bedroom zone. I normally do sheets on Sunday but I think I’ll wait till tomorrow which is weirdly enough supposed to be sunny.
This week isn’t too busy. I have my labs tomorrow. B doesn’t have labs till Tuesday with infusion on Wednesday if needed. Probably platelets and I hope he can squeak by without needing a blood transfusion. BTW, the transplant Dr. ruled out his older brother due to age, so it’ll only be his younger one who is 64. So that does lower the chance of the match but I’m not too worried as the National Donor base will then be checked.
If all goes to plan, the donor kit will be back in a week and then it’ll about 2-3 weeks till we know. So that puts us the end of March. He will have finished cycle 4 and it’s possible he’d be ready to go in. We’ll see.