It’s almost the end of September and that’s my birthday. Probably why I like fall so much. Even so, I enjoy the cool nights and warm days. Yesterday was quite warm and I got quite a few things done.
- Dropped off a load of 4 boxes of food to our local food bank
- got the paint out to paint the shake shingles but there’s not enough so I’ll need to go to the paint store.
- laundry 2x. I try and do only a load a day but sometimes there’s enough to do a small white and small dark load.
- Paid my son’s minor surgery bill
- waited for the ATT guy to fix the internet
- went to the gym
Think I’m going to write down some goals for October just to be accountable.
- Paint the shake shingles where we replaced the door and windows.
- Buy at least 4 Christmas items, this could be gift cards or a book or item of clothing that might be needed. My son needs new slippers so that’s one.
- Garden or be out in the yard tidying up 3 x a week for 15 minutes. We need to clean up the vegetable gardens and my herb garden and plant for fall.
- Go on one date with B, could be coffee or lunch.
- Help with FOL book and bake sale
- Make one new Julia Child recipe
- Get my blood work done the 3rd week of October.
- Continue to empty one bin and consolidate. Perhaps another round of Life magazines and there’s my children’s Waldorf main lesson books and art to go thru.
- ? TB figured out
On my list for today is finally get the outside windows washed. I use the Windex spray bottle that is mad for outside windows ( I got mine at Home Depot). I’ve been using this product for several years as I just can’t get on a ladder anymore. So this bottle attaches to your hose and has a wash selection and then a rinse. It works pretty well. I use to take the screens off and then use a squeegee but now I don’t even do that. It’s not perfect but it’s good enough.
Here’s my little fire from last night sitting out.