So yesterday was insanely busy.
We had to be out the door at 7:15am to get to the local oncologists’ appt. That went well. Then B had to go get his labs.
Then we decided to go get bagels at our local organic bakery because we were going to head to Sacramento to check out the Kiwanis house and we wanted to AVOID the 8 am traffic. So we relaxed and enjoyed our coffee and bagels.
We had no stops with traffic and got down to UCD med center in 45 minutes. First, we went and toured the Kiwanis housing and as expected the rooms are quite small and the shared kitchen just didn’t do anything for us. BUT, we toured the RV parking and LOVED it. So there is a possibility of using a friends RV or if we moved quickly buy a used small one that we were planning on doing in the fall anyway.
We asked the social worker to put in the request so at least we have that in place. There’s no guarantee but hopefully, that would be a possibility.
Then while we were there the social worker called and said there may be a problem with B’s brother’s blood something that has an antibody in it so B needed to get a blood test for that ASAP. Fortunately, we were right there so we did that.
Next, we checked out the Marriot and that was crazy expensive even though very nice. There were two nights that the cost increased to $279 a night. We ruled that out quickly.
Then we headed to the Cannabis place and B got some chocolates since smoking is not allowed with the transplant.
After that, we went to the Sacramento Co-op and joined as I plan to shop there while we’re down there and then even later go once a month. It is a beautiful store and I found a few items like cranberry beans I’ve wanted. ( they’re like pinto beans). Plus they have an olive bar!!
Finally, we headed up Hwy 50 to check out the Extended stay hotel and surprisingly we both thought it was okay even if it was the furthest away. ( 10 minutes or so without stop and go traffic). Not ideal but doable so we’re going to get the referral to the Cancer Society and put that in as a backup plan.
By this time it was close to one and we were pretty wiped out. I came home and took a nap.
We’re hoping there isn’t a problem with the antibody as that would mean back to square one with the National Donor Bank. We should know in a day or two and we see the transplant doctor next week so…
I’m heading out to the koffee klatch to see everyone for the last time probably till the end of summer so that’ll be nice. I think everyone is planning on being there.
Dinner is salad and chicken kabobs( marinated in yogurt). Maybe some grilled tofu too.
One thought on “Decisions…..”
I might have to check out the co-op. Sounds great! I use cranberry beans in minestrone — I think I saw them at the Nugget. We love to explore grocery stores. If your friends don’t come through with the RV, I’ve heard there are groups for RV sharing. People who own them rent them out. An idea, anyway.