It has been a LONG week.
We made it down to UCD fine even with traffic and the endoscopy went fine too. No problems with the prostate. He just has an enlarged bladder and does need to catheterize at least once a day. I guess if that’s the worse, it’s not so bad.
Yesterday though was a nightmare day.
- first we got a letter stating AAA was canceling our house insurance because of fire dangers in California. Great. Now we will have to find a new insurer and it’s bound to be A LOT more expensive.
- Then we get a letter actually 2 letters from the Cobra people for B’s insurance. We owe $710 per month. I thought we’d already had paid the first two months. I called and NOPE that was not to them. Great, more money out the window.
- I called the dedicated hotline for employees and said we’d paid the $1200. So just this afternoon she called back and said NOPE, that was for June and July when the company transitioned to the new insurance. I looked at the paystub and she was right. Nothing was taken out. Great:(
- Then on a positive note and money. B got his LLS grant approved for MDS and they will reimburse him the first amount of the cobra just covering him. so we should get that and it’ll help. We will submit the amount for the second month next week.
- Then I’m at the Sutter Medical site getting ready to pay the installment and I see another whole set of charges. WTF!!!!! So I call Sutter and she says oh they said (UHC) he wasn’t covered for those dates. By this time I was seeing fire and smoke was coming out of my ears. I then called UHC and the VERY nice rep says let me check. She checks and says clearly there was some wrong coding as he was covered. Give me a F#@king Break.
- Let see, I think that’s everything. But there could be more I’m blocking out.
Well, I’m exhausted from it all. Too much paperwork, money stuff, and confusion. I think I see the wine bottle waiting for me.
6 thoughts on “Five or(five hundred) on Friday”
I am so very sorry……….you did have a very long week and hope next week treats you much, much better!
Thanks, next week should be easier at least by appts. We only have one!! When things bundle up like that it’s tough. But I’m sure it’ll balance out as generally, my life is boring:)
I said a prayer that next week will be easier for you! 🙂
My missis Sheila sends you a hug. I send you my best wishes…B might punch me if i too send a hug! BTW Leonard You want it darker eas very cheering!
Cute!! thanks for your virtual hugs.:) Life can be complicated at times and very easy the next. Usually, I don’t have that much weird money stuff all at once or I’d fall over. But at least some was resolved!!
That sounds horrible. I hope the wine helped. By the way, being relatively new to the area, I had not heard of Cherry Records until I read about it in one of your posts. Sounds like it might be worth a visit!