Today we have 2 Ponderosas coming down by the tree cutting company. One is leaning toward the house although it isn’t a big lean but enough. This tree is on the South East side and that’s where our winds come in the winter for the most part. With the use of a crane, this tree will cost $2100.
The second tree isn’t as big and is no threat now but it sits near the back and I’ve wanted it out before it gets too big. The cost of this is $800. A fair price. We budgeted $3000 for trees so this is what it’ll be. Taking trees this big is only going to get more expensive and we still have a lot more that should be done.
It’s really no guarantee that another tree wouldn’t fall in a wind storm, just that we’re trying to take precautions. The tree that landed on our neighbor’s house last January should have been taken down as it leaned into the house and the root system was exposed. It took off the front of his house. It has taken the workers ALL summer to finish repairing and he basically has a whole new outside plus deck, porch. He had an illegal room under a deck that had to be all removed per the insurance. What a job. Anyway, we do what we can.
In the back of our house, we have a HUGE tree leaning toward the barn but it wouldn’t (probably )affect the house. That tree will be more than $5000 because it will need a big crane. Maybe next year.?
B had his clinic appt yesterday and all is good. He’ll need another BMB in November to see how things are. There are some issues with insurance that UHC is not getting right. I’m not worried but it is a PITA to deal with. the coverage was active and he didn’t even go on cobra till 8/1 but insurance companies don’t try and help really. So it may take a while but we are not paying anything unless it is the appropriate co-pay. We even had the letter ( which I can’t find) that stated UHC approved his allogeneic transplant. so they can find that and put it somewhere. Oh well, it’s always something, right??
I’m off to the dentist very early and hopefully back before the tree cutters get here. They’ll be blocking the driveway so I’ll have to park out by the edge of our driveway.
NO TREES TODAY! THE TREE GUY GOT INVOLVED IN ANOTHER PROJECT SO WE GOT DELAYED. OH WELL, TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY!