I wanted to write this as a separate post from my good news with my labs.
But first, I want to give a shout out to Bob over at Satisfying Retirement.
He wrote a very good post on being prepared for retirement. Or in our case, what not to do, but now scrambling to do!! ( If that made sense)!
- my great news on my labs is top of my list
- we went to Home Depot and bought a security screen door so we can leave the front door open at night and let cool air in!!
- it’s been a hot,hot week, but we’ve managed to keep the yard watered and the house cool.
- my son fixed the AC in my old van and it’s nice and cold now. so that saved us the money from taking it down the road to the mechanic.
- we’ve had lots of zucchini from the garden this week and they have been excellent in a variety of recipes.
My sons birthday is coming up in the first week of August. He already received his present which was the trip and tickets to Elton John in LV. But I am going to tuck a little money in an envelope for him and tell him that’s the start of his emergency fund.
Not much else going on, there are terrible fires all over but the one in Yosemite and up near Redding are especially bad. Our air quality is not so good.