We got all set up on Wednesday in extreme heat and I felt really bad for the owner. He was sweating a lot and it was 100 at least. It did take a while to set all the things but I’m quite comfy now.
Yesterday and today and tomorrow are supposed to be red flag days in Sacramento and it is very breezy/windy. The temperature yesterday was lovely at 83 or so but by Monday we are in for 105. So very hot!!!
I’ve been going over to the hospital twice a day. It’s almost a mile so yesterday I walked over in the morning to check it out and it wasn’t a bad walk at all as long as it’s not 100 degrees. I also was very brave and figured out the shuttle back and forth. It doesn’t run on weekends so I’ll drive over to the parking garage today. The parking is $2.00 an hour and it goes by the top of the hour. So even if I leave 15 minutes to the hour I get charged that $2.00. It’s all good though. It’s averaging about $10 a day. And Thank you, GoFundMe donations:)
So B’s numbers are all in the normal range. But he has had a few setbacks which have delayed getting released. First, he is retaining fluid and that caused pressure on his lungs and heart. They had a cardiologist come in to check and he had an echocardiogram. Also, his blood levels of an enzyme they check for heart attacks was slightly elevated, but the doctor said that was due to the fluid around the lungs. Also, his blood pressure was too high and they started him on another medication to help with that. It has since come down to a good range. Now the biggest problem is he is not peeing and they have had to catheterize him to get urine out. So until that gets resolved, he’s in there. It’s frustrating but it will all be good soon enough. He has one appt set for next week already at the clinic if he’s out. So fingers crossed he starts peeing!!!!
Overall, he has done amazing and this is just a small setback. These doctors and nurses are truly amazing and anything at all they are on top of it.
My daughter came down on Friday and we went to Trader Joes and picked up groceries and it was fun to get out and see this neighborhood. The houses were stunning. These are not small bungalows but huge mansions. I still don’t know the name of the neighborhood but I’ll check.
The one nurse did say that going home earlier(from the RV) should be an option for us as we are really close enough to get here for appts 4 times a week and if there was an emergency. So I am going to talk with the nurse coordinator about that so she can talk with Dr. Abedi. I don’t want to just go home immediately but as soon as it seems things are holding steady, I will.